Thursday

Food Swaps!

It's funny how things suddenly become popular with so many people. Think skulls and pickling!
;-)



Although I have yet to try pickling or fermenting, I do love a good food swap. Even if you don't have a lovely big pile of home-grown veggies to share, there are so many other things you can bring to a swap. I have seen fresh eggs (soooo much better than store bought), flavored vinegars, orange juice, shrubs (not the kind in your yard. This kind.), flowers and herbs and fresh baked goods. I have even seen food related art projects like paintings and note cards. Swaps are a wonderful way to create community and get to know your neighbors. All you need to host a swap is some space for tables and milling about, some light refreshments and printed swap sheets. You can find all the information you need at The Food Swap Network .

When you host your food swap I'll be expecting an invitation  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment